Friday, May 1, 2009

With all my free time

I joined another Layout a Day challenge. See the cute blinkie?

May LOAD blinkie Pictures, Images and Photos



So here's the page I did for today. The plan is to do one page/spread a day for the whole month of May. It works well for me since the kids are in school until June 5th. We won't start the whole swimming lessons, park visits, trips to visit distant relatives craziness until June and July.


I used papers from a Diecuts with a View pack and I'm pretty sure the little journaling card is from My Mind's Eye. My fantastic local scrapbook store sells them by the front registers and since they're decorated on both sides, there's no manufacturing information anywhere on the cards. I was lucky to find one of my CTMH inks that matched the card, so I used my extensive design knowledge (ha!) to tie the page together by inking the patterned paper in the same color. Truly, I live on the edge. For the non-scrappers out there, this is a technique that came into vogue about 6 years ago. I'm still happy that I put the idea to good use. I think it's cute here.

No comments: